FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long does delivery take?
Just placed an order? All orders are shipped using Express StarTrack delivery.
LOCATION DELIVERY TIME Australian Metropolitan 1-3 Business Days Australian Rural 4-7 Business Days
* Delivery timeframes are estimates only, and may vary with peak sale periods, COVID-19 related impacts, possible courier delivery issues, and other influences beyond the control of Dr. Martens.
Ordered more than one item?
We may need to fulfil your order from multiple warehouses and therefore the items may arrive separately, even though you ordered it all together. If your order has been split, you will receive separate tracking details for each item once they are dispatched.
What is your returns & exchanges policy for online purchases?
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your Docs. If you change your mind, we're happy to accept all returns, provided our three return conditions are met:
- Item(s) were purchased within the last 30 days and proof of purchase can be provided
- Item(s) must be unworn, unwashed, or otherwise undamaged with original tags attached
- Item(s) are in original packaging or shoebox in their original condition
RETURN TO STORE
Whether you shopped online or in-store, you can return your item at any Dr. Martens store provided our policy conditions are met. Our in-store team can help you with a refund or exchange, pending stock availability.
View our store locator HERE.
If you would like to return an online purchase via post, click HERE to start the return process via our Returns Portal. Follow the prompts to purchase and print your return shipping label, then post your item at the Post Office. Click HERE for more information on how to book your online return.
- Package your return: Shoeboxes must be protected by a satchel or similar, to prevent damage to the original packaging.
- Return costs: Any return costs are payable by the customer.
- Entering your order number: Your order number will start with DMAU. Do not include the # or any other symbols
- No exchanges: We do not offer online exchanges. Please post your item back to us for a refund and place a new order.
- Don't have a printer at home? Your return label includes a QR code which can be scanned at the Post Office and a label printed for you
Refunds will be automatically issued via your original payment method. Please allow up to 5 business days for funds to reflect in your account. Click HERE for more information.
Third-Party & International Purchases
Purchases made online from overseas distributors, outlets or third-party websites such as eBay cannot be exchanged, replaced or returned by Dr. Martens Australia; we advise you to contact the place of purchase for any warranty claims. We do not accept incorrect sizing exchanges or change-of-mind returns for overseas purchases.
What size Docs should I buy?
Need help finding the right size Docs? Use our size guide to help you determine the best fit for your feet. It includes a "How to measure" guide and a Conversion chart.
Our iconic original styles like the 1460 8-Eye boot tend to run a little wider, so we recommend ordering a size down with those.
Important to note: Dr. Martens products are in UK sizing. Please find your UK size before placing an order.
Chatting to a Docs Expert is the easiest way to ensure you purchase the correct size. Call them on 1800 931 831 and select option 1 or chat with them here.
How do I break in my Docs?
Breaking in your Docs will take time and patience, but everyone goes through it. Read on to discover the ways to make this rite of passage go smoothly - we've got you covered.1. Get the perfect fitIf you normally take a half size, we recommend sizing down. The boots should feel tight, but not uncomfortable. If the boot feels uncomfortable when you try it on, especially in the width, then it is too small. Docs will soften and stretch as you wear them in - You can check out our size guide for more information.
2. Whip out the Wonder Balsam
Our Dr. Marten's Wonder Balsam is a must-have shoe care product if you own a pair of Docs. This little pot of gold contains a mix of lanolin, beeswax and coconut oil and a sponge for application. Work it in, regularly, and it will help to soften the leather. It also adds a protective layer and subtle shine to your boots.
3. Wear thick socks and keep your laces tightWearing thick socks will protect your feet + encourage the leather to warm up + soften faster. Keep your laces tight to encourage the boot to mould to your foot and avoid rubbing. Grab some Double Doc socks, created to help break in a pair of Docs with extra padding and blister protection.READ FULL ARTICLE
4. If they're brand new, start with 1-2 hour intervalsBegin by wearing your Docs around the house for short periods of time. Don't attempt a festival or long walk the first time you wear them. Some leathers stretch quicker than others, Nappa, Carpathian and Virginia are some great soft leather options.
5. Repeat until they're perfect
Follow the mentioned steps above until your boots are soft and shaped to your foot.
Throughout the years, we've heard all sorts... Let us know how you break in yours!
In-store COVID Safe Plan
COVID SAFE PLAN
We’ve implemented the following measures to help you shop safely in-store. We will review and adapt these in-store measures as the environment evolves.
1. Mandatory QR code check-in
Some states have mandated QR code check-ins via the official Government App. Please refer to your Local State Government for more information (Australia.gov.au).
2. Mandatory face coverings in-store
Some states have introduced mandatory mask-wearing indoors. Please refer to your Local State Government for more information (Australia.gov.au).
3. Maintain 1.5 metres apart from each other where possible
Social distancing tape will be placed around our floors and seating areas. These can be found throughout the store as reminders, as well as areas where you may be required to queue.
4. Use EFTPOS/Paywave/Tap n Go services available
We strongly encourage you to use your card or phone to tap and pay instead of cash, whenever possible.
5. Use the sanitisation station upon entering the store
Hand sanitiser will be available for all customers upon entry.
6. Regular cleaning routines throughout the entire store
We apply the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene across our stores. We have increased the routine cleaning of frequently touched hard surfaces.
7. Remove and put on your own footwear
Our team will still be available to assist you with any sizing questions you may have, however they will maintain a 1.5-metre distance to comply with social distancing. Our stores will have disposable try on socks and gloves available for customers.
8. Training for team members on social distancing and additional hygiene measures
All team members will be required to complete ongoing training courses.
Thank you for playing your part in helping us practice social distancing. We appreciate your continued support as we work through this together.
We hope to see you in-store or online soon.READ FULL ARTICLE