What size Docs should I buy?
Need help finding the right size Docs? Use our size guide to help you determine the best fit for your feet. It includes a "How to measure" guide and a Conversion chart.
Our iconic original styles like the 1460 8-Eye boot tend to run a little wider, so we recommend ordering a size down with those.
Important to note: Dr. Martens products are in UK sizing. Please find your UK size before placing an order.
Chatting to a Docs Expert is the easiest way to ensure you purchase the correct size. Call them on 1800 931 831 and select option 1 or chat with them here.
How do I find my size?
To ensure you choose the correct size for your feet we recommend you follow the below method:
Top Tip: measuring your size is easier if you have someone helping you.
- Put a sheet of paper along the wall and fix it to the floor with sticky tape
- Next, stand over the paper with your back straight, your heels against the wall, and your feet together. Make sure you're wearing socks.
- Trace the outline of both feet and draw a straight line across where the silhouette is longer.
- Draw the outline of both feet and draw the straight line where the silhouette is longer. Draw a parallel line 0.5 cm from this line.
- Finally, measure the distance from the wall to the second line you have drawn. Use this length and our cm conversion chart to find your size.
It's important to note that Docs are sold in UK sizes.
If you are unsure of which size is right for you, try these tips:
- Already own a pair of Docs?
Generally sizing tends to be standard across all Docs, although sizes can vary slightly depending on the style, shape and material of the shoe. The size of the pair that you already own is a good guide!
- Use the product information and reviews
Certain styles can run a size larger or smaller. We’ll include this information on the product page when we have this information available, and often, fellow shoppers will leave reviews with size information that you can use.
What is my UK size?
It's important to know your UK size when purchasing Docs.
As Dr. Martens originated in the UK, Docs are sold in UK sizing. It's important you determine your UK size when placing your order to ensure you purchase the correct size.
Use our size guide to compare your US or EU size to find your UK size.
Remember! Your order will automatically be placed in the UK size curve and this will reflect on your order confirmation.READ FULL ARTICLE