Need help finding the right size Docs? Use our size guide to help you determine the best fit for your feet. Our iconic original styles like the 1460 8-Eye boot tend to run a little wider, so we recommend ordering a size down with those.
Important to note: Dr. Martens products are by default in UK sizing.
We've put together a comprehensive guide on how to measure your foot to get the most accurate size.
- Lay a sheet of paper on the floor, one edge flush against the wall. Fix the paper to the floor with scotch tape so it doesn't move.
- Standing straight and wearing socks, stand on the paper. Place your feet together, your heels against the wall and make sure your back is touching the wall too.
- Have someone draw the outline of both your feet.
- Use a ruler or the straight edge of a book to draw a line across where the outline is longest. Draw a parallel line 0.5cm from this original line to allow for clearance.
- Finally, measure the distance from the wall to the second line you have drawn.
Use the charts below to convert this length you have just measured into a shoe size.
When you find a pair of shoes that you like, simply select your preferred size metric (US/EU/UK) and choose your size.
Already own a pair of Docs?
Generally sizing tends to be standard across all Docs, although sizes can vary slightly depending on the style, shape, and material of the shoe. The size of the pair that you already own is a good guide.