We're sorry to hear that you may have purchased from a scam website. Unfortunately, there are online scams that may use the Dr. Martens name and a similar looking website as a means of obtaining your personal and/or banking details. It's highly likely that you will never receive any product from this website. We recommend the following steps.
- Reach out to your bank immediately to discuss how you can lodge a 'chargeback' and reclaim any funds that you've spent.
- If you would like to report a scam website, please visit: www.scamwatch.gov.au.
Tips on detecting a scam website:
- Pay attention to the address bar. Check that the URL starts with https (not http) and look for the padlock icon in the address bar to ensure there's a secure connection.
- Assess the price of the item. Does the price or offer seem too good to be true?
- Watch for poor grammar and spelling. Legitimate companies put effort into presenting a professional website.
- Do they accept secure payment methods such as PayPal or Afterpay? Fraudulent websites will primarily aim to collect your credit card details.
- Look for reliable contact information. Are there several ways of contacting the company, including via phone, live chat and email?
If you have any queries or concerns, please get in touch with our team through our Contact Us page.